Grant and Peter take a large tangent in our discussion about heresies in the early Church, and turn it into its own episode on creeds! We discuss the uses of creeds in the early Church (and in other organizations), with plenty of historical examples, and then break down some uses of player-made and GM-made creeds at the gaming table. Don't forget to check the full show notes for a complete list of all the creeds, confessions, and fictional examples we mentioned in this episode!
Mentioned in this episode:
- The Apostles Creed
- The Nicene Creed
- The Theological Declaration of Barmen [PDF]
- The PCUSA "Brief Statement of Faith" [PDF]
- Adam Hamilton's "Searching for Truth" sermon series
- The Boy Scouts of America's "Scout Law" and "Scout Oath"
- The Bene Gesserit "Litany Against Fear"
- The "Three Oaths" of the Aes Sedai